Is Your Company Ready for 3D Construction Scanning?
When you’re working with complex work zones, precise operations, and painstaking procedures, 3D laser scanning is your most cost-effective and efficient solution to streamline the collection of accurate measurement data on complicated construction and design projects.
When analyzing the current conditions of your site, BIM technologies like 3D scanning tools can instantly and accurately collect comprehensive measurement data for construction jobsite measurement and pre-construction processes.
Of course, with innovative 3D laser site scanning technologies- and other similar technologies- comes a lot of questions and misconceptions.
MYTH 1— ALL SCANNERS ARE CREATED EQUAL
Depending on the range, complexity, and size of your worksites, it’s important to consider whether you’re using the right scanner for the space. Level of Detail (LOD) is a vital factor in effective modeling, so the quality and accuracy of your scanning equipment will certainly have an impact on the value of your results.
MYTH 2 — 3D SCANNING IS TOO EXPENSIVE TO IMPLEMENT
A high upfront cost can make implementation seem scary, but it’s been proven time and time again: 3D scanning technologies deliver ROI on every operational front. For example, EC Electric experienced an incredible 90 percent reduction in labor costs from their initial estimate, which didn’t account for the use of 3D scanning technology.
MYTH 3 — NEW TECH TRAINING IS A HUGE UNDERTAKING
With the right tools and software, a day in the increasingly competitive construction market is easier and more efficient than ever. In a contractor survey, 65% of respondents reported significant ROI, with the majority of the remaining 35% admitting to not employing ROI tracking.
Your company shouldn’t undertake 3D scanning without conducting a cost/benefit analysis first. Click the link below for our handy guide for doing just that.Back to Blog